What is “Personal Information”?
“Personal Information” is information that you submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, including your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number. In addition, this includes information about any transactions that you enter into on the Square website or app, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google.
What is “Sensitive Information”?
This refers to credit or debit card numbers, personal financial account information or similar personal identifiers, physical or mental health condition or information, or other employment, financial or health information.
What information does Media Nouveau collect?
In connection with our customers’ use of WooCommerce and Square services, we may collect information, including Personal Information and Sensitive Information, such as: first name, last name, primary address, e-mail address, phone number, gender, birth date, payment information (bank account or credit card), salutation, emergency contact, and photo release. You may otherwise choose to provide us with additional information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of our services.
We use the information in the following ways:
- We store information in connection with providing services to you.
- We use information to trigger automated and manual communications (emails, SMS messages), such as service or support messages, updates, security alerts, account notifications, and for those who have opted-in, marketing and sales communications.
- We use information to send payment information for processing (e.g., encrypted payment information with the payor’s name).
- With your permission, to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences, and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google.
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising.
- You can opt-out of or limit the types of marketing communications you receive from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
Will you sell my information once I join?
Absolutely not. We will not sell your information to any third parties. We respect your privacy and will limit our communications to the following situations. We will only send you email messages that are necessary to keep you informed about the status of your account, to provide you with customer service that you’ve requested, or to inform you of relevant services or offers that Media Nouveau or our partners are providing. We will never sell or lease information from your account to unrelated third parties.
We will only allow your private information in our possession to be seen by another person in order to comply with a warrant or subpoena from the appropriate authorities in a legal investigation. We do not give out your private data to other private companies or government entities under any other circumstances.
Reviewing, correcting and deleting your information
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. If you provide us with your Personal Information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us;
- To request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible);
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us;
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you;
- To request that your user information be removed from any solicitation list that we use;
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records;
- To opt out of being solicited by Media Nouveau.
To exercise any of these rights, please email us using our contact form. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
Note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, European residents please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you use our site to register or make a purchase, we will maintain your transaction information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Also, we may retain some of your information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention. For example, if we suspend your account for fraud reasons, we may retain certain information from that account to prevent that individual from opening a new account in the future.
We may retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.